Star Wars Episode 7 News

Monday, November 12, 2012

Guillermo Del Toro: Directing a Star Wars movie is Like Dating a Supermodel. Colin Trevorrow Shares his Vision of the SW Director.



Fanhattan got a chance to talk with Guillermo Del Toro about the upcoming Star Wars trilogy. Here's what he had to say:


“You know, I saw it on the Internet, but I haven’t approached them, they haven’t formally approached me. I mean, I heard some rumblings, but to me it’s really — I have so many projects to discuss or think about. For something that is not a possibility yet, I don’t do that. You know, because I have so many things that I need to catch up with. If this becomes ever a reality, and there’s an approach to do it, I would then think about it, but — it’s like thinking if I want to date a supermodel. I don’t think about these things.”
 Looks like we can add Guillermo's name to the rapidly increasing list of directors that won't direct the movie. 



Also one of the surprising names that was mentioned as a possibility for directing Episode 7 got a chance to discuss the subject too:
“I have very little to say about it. Certainly, no specifics about whats going on behind the scenes in the selection of that person. I think that I can speak as a Star Wars fan, which is important to me. Whoever does do this movie, I think, just needs to have a fundamental understanding of why its important to us. We come from a generation who grew up with this as children, to us its almost a belief system. Its harder for people who are older or who were already teenagers when the movie came out to understand how deeply it is our mythology. And there are a bunch of incredible directors who are up for this job… I think whoever gets it will have that fundamental understanding of why Star Wars matters so much to a billion people. Its just incredible. So that’s all I can say about that. I’m equally excited about it. … that’s all you’re gonna get!”
 The bottom line is that we can rule Guillermo out but there's still chance for Colin. Although we all heard that Disney are aiming at a big name director, that is a huge fan of the saga.

Source: fanhattan.com

Source: slashfilm.com

No comments:

Post a Comment