Star Wars Episode 7 News

Saturday, March 23, 2013

J.J. Abrams Talks Star Wars.


J.J Abrams briefly spoke with Empire about his plans for Episode 7. Read what he said after the jump.


Empire: What’s the plan for Episode VII

Abrams: “I don’t know because we’re just getting started. So it’s a great question that I hope I’ll have a good answer to when I know what the answer is. There are infinitely more questions than answers right now, but to me, they’re not that dissimilar. Though I came at these both from very different places, where they both meet is a place of ‘Ooh, that’s really exciting.’ And even though I was never a Star Trek fan, I felt like there was a version of it that would make me excited, that I would think ‘that’s cool, that feels right, I actually would want to see that.
“How we were going to get there, what the choices were going to be, who was going to be in it – all of those things I knew would have to be figured out, but it was all based on a foundation of this indescribable, guttural passion for something that could be. It’s a similar feeling that I have with Star Wars. I feel like I can identify a hunger for what I would want to see again and that is an incredibly exciting place to begin a project. The movies, the worlds could not be more different but that feeling that there’s something amazing here is the thing that they share.”

Empire: What was your first reaction when asked to direct Episode 7?

Abrams: “My knee-jerk reaction was that I’m in the middle of working on the Star Trek movie and I can’t even consider it. But then time went by and I got further along working on the movie and getting to a place where I had done most of the heavy lifting. So when I met with Kathy Kennedy we just started discussing it and I was able to actually engage in the conversation. I went down to tell Katie, my wife and I said ‘I had just a very interesting conversation with Kathy.’ That was the beginning.
“I will say that Steven [Spielberg] was very encouraging of Star Wars. It’s funny because I talked to him about it and it turned out he knew all about what was going on.”

Source: empireonline.com

9 comments:

  1. In case you do you can contact client service and
    supply your answer within the couple of hours.

    Take a look at my web site easy woodworking plans

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am extremely impressed with your writing skills and also with the layout on your blog.
    Is this a paid theme or did you customize it yourself?

    Either way keep up the excellent quality writing, it's rare to see a
    great blog like this one today.

    My blog post regarder ce site web

    ReplyDelete
  3. I սsually do not drop many comments, but after looking at a few of the remarks on "J.J. Abrams Talks Star Wars.".
    I actually Ԁo have a few questions for you if it's okɑy.
    Cօuld it be just mе or does it look like some of these comments looҟ like they are left by brain dead indiνiduаls?
    :-P And, if you are posting ɑt additional places,
    I'd like to keep up with everything new you have to post.
    Cօuld you poѕt a list of every one of your social networking sites
    like your lіnkedin prοfile, Facebook page or twitteг feed?


    Look into my web site: télécharger avast

    ReplyDelete
  4. Right away I am ready to do my breakfast, afterward having my breakfast coming over
    again to read other news.

    Here is my web site; how to get rid of anxiety once and for all

    ReplyDelete
  5. Internet marketing has become a complicated discipline
    that involves a great deal of theoretical knowledge in combination with applied techniques.
    Make the process of ordering be stress-free to complete at all
    times as possible. On the other hand, someone driving a car
    who sees a billboard, will at best be interested
    and might decide to get more information at some time.


    Feel free to visit my weblog :: product (tumblr.com)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Also, since, it can attract the kind of furniture and office storage layouts.

    Well, if there's not enough to contain a lot. Choosing the materials they will give
    you a quote forr the customers. It is believed to help yoou with price
    breakups that will help you to rrun our Epic
    system with such a house that can ppay for itself, and it's all.


    Here is my web page - web page []

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hello There. I found your weblog the use of msn. That is a really well written article.
    I will be sure to bookmark it and come back to read more of your useful information. Thanks for
    the post. I will certainly comeback.

    Also visit my webpage; http://bestwoocommercethemes.blogspot.com/2014/04/when-i-decided-i-was-willing-to-open-e.html

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hey there! I understand this is somewhat off-topic however I needed to ask.
    Does running a well-established website like yours require a large amount of
    work? I am brand new to blogging however I do write in my journal every day.
    I'd like to start a blog so I can share my own experience and views online.
    Please let me know if you have any kind of recommendations
    or tips for brand new aspiring blog owners. Appreciate it!



    my webpage; Free riot Points

    ReplyDelete