Star Wars Episode 7 News

Saturday, April 6, 2013

Star Wars 1313 Was Meant to Be a Boba Fett Game!

After Disney shut down Lucas Arts few days ago, it was announced that two of the games that were in development at the studio are cancelled - Star Wars 1313 and Star Wars: First Assault. Now few days later it is clear who would have been the main character in one of the games. Although chances are slim, fans could only hope that the game will be licensed out to a different publisher....

 The news about Boba Fett's involvement in Star Wars 1313 came from Kotaku. Here's what they have on the story:

We've learned a great deal about Star Wars 1313 over the past few months, and today we've got one more huge detail thanks to a reliable Kotaku source: last year, just before E3, LucasArts shifted focus and turned it into a game about the masked bounty hunter Boba Fett.
This happened last May. Star Wars creator George Lucas looked at 1313—which at that point had been scrapped and refocused multiple times—and told the team he wanted it to be about Boba Fett,
the mercenary whose origins as a clone were revealed in the Star Wars prequel movies.
Sadly, LucasFilm cancelled the troubled game yesterday, when they shut down LucasArts, the 30-year-old video game studio responsible for 1313, among many other games. Although LucasFilm has said that 1313 and the studio's other cancelled game, Star Wars: First Assault, could be licensed out to other developers, I've been told by multiple sources that chances are very slim. Development on the game had been on hold since last fall, as we reported in February.

"They ended up with movie tech that wouldn't fit in a game, and game tech that wouldn't fit in a movie," a source told me. "1313 was always in danger of not being made."
 Really really sad. The only positive thing from the whole story is that now they have a very solid foundation (story, concepts, characters) for a possible Boba Fett spin-off movie.


No comments:

Post a Comment