Back in June it was reported that casting for Star Wars: Episode 7 is already underway. They were looking for 7 roles. 5 months later they've decide to do open auditions for 2 of the roles. Now it looks like they're still looking for the 40-something military type again...
Back in June Lucasfilm confirmed that casting is already underway and they are looking for 7 roles for the new Star Wars movie. They were looking for:
- Young twenty-something male, witty and smart, fit but not traditionally good looking.
- A late twenty something male, fit, handsome and confident.
- Late-teen female, independent, good sense of humour, fit.
- A second young female, also late teens, tough, smart and fit.
- Forty something male, fit, military type.
- Thirty something male, intellectual. Apparently doesn’t need to be fit.
- Seventy something male, with strong opinions and tough demeanour. Also doesn’ t need to be particularly fit.
Few months later they are still looking for 3 roles from the above list. We've heard about the open auditions about Thomas and Rachel and now THR adds the "40-something military type" to the mix:
Director J.J. Abrams and producer Kathleen Kennedy are casting the net far and wide, meeting actors in the U.S., the U.K. and Australia. The duo is looking in particular for a tough-cookie girl in the 17- to 18-year-old range and a charismatic, funny guy from 19 to 23. "We don't want to leave any stone unturned," U.K. casting agent Kate Bone told the BBC. With the movie now being rewritten by Abrams and Lawrence Kasdan, sources say producers also are looking to fill a new role: a 40-something military man a la Matt Damon in Elysium.
I guess it's save to say that the other 4 parts from the list are already cast.