In an interview with THR Disney's Chief Alan Horn revealed that they are already filming sequences for Star Wars: Episode VII. He also mentioned that casting is still not complete...
The new Star Wars — episode 7 in the nine-picture franchise — has already begun filming and most of the cast is now in place for the movie, Disney Studios chairman Alan Horn revealed April 2. “We have a lot of them [in place],” he said about the main actors, whose names have not been disclosed. “We’re just not completely done yet.”
Horn acknowledged there had been some problems getting the script right. “It’s all about the screenplay,” he said. “It has to be screenplay, screenplay, screenplay.” Asked if the screenplay was fully where it needed to be, he added: “It actually is now.” The script has been co-written by Lawrence Kasdan and J.J. Abrams, following an early draft by Michael Arndt.
The executive said the movie would be released in December 2015 and that the story would pick up “where 6 left off — and where 6 left off is 35 years ago by the time this is released.”
He also mentioned that they are not filming the movies back to back and that we all have to be patient.
I guess this gives even more credibility to JediNews' Cairo and Abu Dhabi filming rumor. And seeing that they are still casting I think it's safe to say that right now they are filming shots not involving any actors. Probably some plate shots and establishing sequences tests.
I wonder if Abram's photo form Paris yesterday has something to do with the filming?