Star Wars Episode 7 News

Tuesday, November 27, 2012

John Favreau Tweets About Stormtroopers. Ronald Shusett Talks Star Wars. Rick McCallum Retires From Lucasfilm.

Looks like John Favreau is really a big fan of Star Wars. Or maybe something more? Read after the break about his new twitter picture and how Rick McCallum retired quietly from Lucasfilm.

After Disney announced their deal with Lucasfilm we've heard on several occasions the name of John Favreau as a possible candidate to direct the upcoming Episode 7. Favreau himself was very passionate discussing the future of the franchise and that he wouldn't mind being part of it. Recently he made a weird twitter comment after posting a link to a custom made stormtrooper toy. Here's what he said:

Maybe he is just talking like a fan but you never know, especially after he changed his profile picture to a Iron Man style R2-D2. :)

THR got a chance to talk with screenwriter Ronald Shusett, who worked on Alien and the 1990 Total Recall. Here's what he had to say about Star Wars:

The biggest challenge facing Star Wars: Episode VII isn't the writer - Michael Arndt, who wrote Little Miss Sunshine and Toy Story 3 - or the director, or the cast.
It's the tight timetable, says , is impressed with Lucasfilm's choice of Arndt as its screenwriter. Arndt, working from a treatment by series creator George Lucas, will have to move quickly if the movie is to hit theaters in 2015 as Disney plans.

"I don't think you could put a timetable on that, because the director isn't even there yet. What if they're not on the same page?" Shusett said. "It takes you until it takes you."
"Who directs it is crucial. But I don't think getting a director is a formidable challenge," Shusett said. "I think the next barrier or challenge would be the casting. That's the tricky or difficult part."

Either way, it's an exciting time to be a fan of the series, the screenwriter says.
"I, like every other Sci-Fi fan in the world, am waiting for a new Star Wars movie that works," Shusett said. "It's sad that this generation is deprived of seeing Star Wars at its dazzling best."

In other news producer Rick McCallum, who worked on the Star Wars Special Editions, the prequel trilogy, The Young Indiana Jones Chronicles, has quietly “retired from Lucasfilm,” according to Lucasfilm’s director of content management and fan relations Steve Sansweet. The news of McCallum’s departure actually came out one day after The Deal but obviously got little attention.
No reason has been given for his decision at this time. McCallum’s exit is a surprise, because he was actively working on a live-action Star Wars TV series. The fate of this project is uncertain after McCallum’s retirement. Previously McCallum described the series as “Deadwood in space” which is very far from Disney's vision of things so maybe this could be the end of this project. At least in the way it was first intended to be.

Source: /

No comments:

Post a Comment