Star Wars Episode 7 News

Sunday, August 25, 2013

Ian McDiarmid Denies Any Involvement with Star Wars: Episode 7.

Ian Mc Diarmid
Few days ago a rumor was spread that Ian McDiarmid will reprise his role as Emperor Palpatine in Star Wars: Episode 7. Now the actor himself addressed those rumors at Fan Expo Canada...





McDiarmid said:
“Well, there’s so many rumors. I like you, know nothing, because there are no facts yet. We know that John Williams is doing the music. Kathleen Kennedy announced that when we were all in Essen, but she and everyone else is unable to say anything else at the moment, because I understand they’re still working on the script.”

“There’s been all sorts of rumors. No conversations have been had, and no deals have been struck. And anyway, I’m dead…but I could be resurrected. Yes, I’ve heard of ghosts, I’ve heard of clones. There’s all sorts of possibilities. But until I get that phone call, like the one I had before, I won’t believe I’m in it. And I think I won’t be working for it, because it’s a whole new world now that I think is going to be invented. There might be some old favorites in it, but I should imagine it’s about the adventures of the descendents of the first characters and new villains that no one except George has ever imagined. And I hope it is, because the great thing about Disney is that it will continue in a new form with new people and be reinvented, just like all great works of art are sooner of later.”

Source: comicbook.com


Also check out Ian McDiarmid working on Rovio's latest video promoting Angry Birds Star Wars 2. The actor makes an interesting reveal of how he made the Emperor's throne to move...
 

5 comments:

  1. Wow, well said. This guy really is amazing. He answered that in such a way, there isn't anything else to add!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Breakaway group of dark Jedi resurrect the Emperor! I hope he is in it, such a classic villain. He still has to have that lightsaber duel with old Master Luke!

    ReplyDelete
  3. i wish darth plagueis is there... he is one super all-powerful villian in the novel...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Most of the novels (except those by Allston and Stackpole) are bad.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Woah! I'm really enjoying the template/theme of this site.
    It's simple, yet effective. A lot of times it's challenging to
    get that "perfect balance" between user friendliness and visual appeal.

    I must say you've done a very good job with this.

    Additionally, the blog loads super quick for me on Firefox.
    Outstanding Blog!

    My page ... voyance par telephone

    ReplyDelete